I love the New Year – it feels fresh, it feels filled with opportunity, it feels new. I love digging into resolutions, for work and for myself, and building a plan to reach them! It’s been especially exciting for me to dig into the new year planning with the City Fruit team – it’s the start of my first full year with City Fruit and we’re all excited about the work that is ahead of us in 2018. To kick-off the first newsletter of 2018, we wanted to share some of our own resolutions for the year.
1. Expand to serve Capitol Hill, downtown, the Central District, and Northgate!
2. Integrate a youth training program through our Harvest Crew, seasonal hiring
3. Deepen our partnership with the International Rescue Committee to expand into South King County
4. Roll-out our newly expanded Harvest Clubs – youth education programs – with partners across the city
5. Test a new net design during our Save Seattle’s Campaign
6. Launch the 2017 Vintage City Fruit Cider, in partnership with Seattle Cider
7. Launch a community-driven Membership Program to drive our Harvest program expansion
8. Expand our Harvest Hubs volunteer program, which we prototyped in 2017, across all Seattle communities
9. Expand our Master Fruit Tree Steward program to reach even more partners, trees, and students
10. Host even more volunteer activities – not just work parties, but cooking classes and happy hours, and more….to strengthen our community!
Each week, we’ll take a deep dive into one of these resolutions, to share more on our commitment to ensure everyone in this City shares in the value of fruit! In the meantime, we want to also share a big thank you – none of this work is possible without the support of our community. You all made our 2017 End of the Year campaign our best ever. You all showed up strong to push us ahead in our work, so thank you. We’re excited to dig into this work, together.
Carrie Ferrence, Executive Director
Thanks for joining us along this journey…if you missed out on the end-of-year campaign and want to support this expansion, there’s still time. Join us here!