Think you need an orchard or a big backyard to grow fruit? This class will show you how to use spaces of any size to grow tasty berries and fruits on bushes, vines and trees.
In this class you will learn about:
- Problem solving and special techniques for gardening in urban-sized spaces
- Using containers to grow small fruits, trees and shrubs
- Fruiting plants and varieties that do well in the Pacific Northwest climate
- Best practices for planting new trees and shrubs
- Introductory pest management, pruning techniques and other ongoing maintenance
This introductory class is lecture-based but includes planting and pruning demonstrations and a garden tour. There will be some hands-on opportunities and we will spend some of the class time outdoors. Please dress for the weather and garden activities.
This class will be taught by instructors from Tilth Alliance and City Fruit’s Tree Care Manager Barb Burrill.
For more details and to sign up visit Tilth Alliance web site HERE.
Go home with lots of ideas about maximizing your space to grow delicious fruits!