Join the Harvest!
Do you want to join our fruit sharing community and share your trees’ bounty with members of the community? Then follow the steps below and join the Great Seattle Fruit Harvest!
If you have never registered your tree with City Fruit then start with Step 1. If you have already registered your tree in previous years then skip to Step 2.
Step 1: Register your tree
Fill out the form HERE to create a profile for your trees in our system. If you have already registered your trees in the past, then you are good to go! You don’t have to repeat this process again.
Step 2: Authorize the harvest*
Is your tree already registered? Then be on the lookout for an email titled “Harvest Authorization Form” from our Community Engagement Juan in your email inbox. Unlike tree registration, each tree must be re-authorized for a harvest every year to give us permission to enter your property.
Harvest services are available to all residences within the Seattle city limits.
Step 3: Schedule the harvest
Once you fill out the Authorization Survey, our harvest team will give you a call closer to your tree’s ripening date to go over your fruit’s ripeness, pest conditions, and any requests that you might have.
- If your fruit is in a good condition then we will schedule a harvest to come visit your home.
- If you have buggy fruit, then we can schedule to have U-Pick Harvest Boxes delivered to your home within a few days.
Thank you for participating in the Great Seattle Fruit Harvest!
* While we try our best to visit as many homes as possible to pick fruit, filling out the Harvest Authorization Survey does not guaranteed that we will be able to harvest your fruit.
More ways to participate in the Great Seattle Fruit Harvest
If you prefer to pick your own fruit and share it with your own friends and neighbors, or want to donate excess fruit that you picked to a food bank, then here are more options for you:
- U-Pick Harvest Boxes: Share with our community partners by picking your own fruit and filling a U-Pick Harvest Box! Simply request a Harvest Box from us, pick your ripe fruit, and fill the box. The City Fruit crew will pick up the box when it’s ready and deliver to a neighboring community partner site.
- DIY Harvest: Do you prefer to pick your own fruit to share with your friends and family? Great! You can still join in the Great Seattle Fruit Harvest celebration by registering your tree and entering the harvest date -- we'll be able to share the news about how productive our urban orchard is!