Become a Fruitlet and show your City Fruit love!
City Fruit has always been community-driven and focused, and a large part of our work has been possible only because of invested community members like you! Our new membership program starting in 2021 recognizes that our members love fruit, community, and the opportunity to engage in special promotions across the city. Your membership helps ensure that we can continue to expand our harvest work so that everyone in our city shares in the value of fruit.
City Fruit’s membership program is designed to include EVERYONE – whether you have a fruit tree, like to volunteer and help care for the fruit trees, or just enjoy celebrating the neighborhood harvest with a fresh apple. You are all part of our fruit community! Membership benefits are extended to all recurring donors who commit to a monthly contribution of $5 or more. This provides City Fruit reliable funding to plan our community events and educational programs!
Fruit-For-All CSA: City Fruit members have the opportunity to sign up to for limited spots of reserved free fruit during our Fruit-for-All farmstand pop-ups held throughout the harvest season across Seattle! Last year, our CSA included a variety of fresh, organic, hyper-local fruit that was freshly picked in our own neighborhoods. This year, we hope to add dried apples as well!
Cider Apples: For those interested in making pressed cider and interested in diverting more fruit from waste, you can request cider apples at $.20 a pound (a minimum 3 weeks notice required; while supplies last). Members can also rent our cider press at a discount.
City Fruit’s Signature Tree Care Services: Members get 10% off tree care services, that can include help with planting, pruning, mulching, harvesting, tree assessments, pest management, and more!
City Fruit Educational Events: Members receive 10% off of our Master Fruit Tree Stewards program registration fee. During the months of September-October, City Fruit plans to host members-only events that may include tours of an urban orchard, cider pressing, and jam making (while under pandemic precautions, we anticipate these small events will be outdoors and social distance measures taken).
Partner Recognition: Enjoy promotions from our partner businesses! Please check this site regularly as new businesses partner with us!
• Seattle Cider Company: $5 off $25+ purchase at The Woods Tasting Room (SODO)
• Schilling Hard Cider: 15% off tasting flights on Sunday (available for to go and in person orders. Online orders use code: CITYFRUITSUNDAYS (Fremont)
• Independent Cider: 10% off online orders using code: PNWPERRY10 (Dryden, WA) only has an online shop
• Republic of Cider: 10% off on Sundays (SODO)
• Brownrigg Hard Cider: 10% off on Sundays (SODO)
• Snowdrift Cider Company: 10% off along with a complimentary 500ml bottle of member’s choice with proof of active membership (Wenatchee, WA)
• Finnriver Farm & Cidery: Mondays starting in May and 10% off bottle purchases
• Swansons Nursery: 10% off (Blueridge)
• City People’s Garden Store: 10% off gardening items with proof of active membership (South Lake Union)
NEW! Bakers Club:
Members will be contacted whenever we have excess fruit suitable for baking into breads, pies, and more! We’ll share a recipe and then let you know when you can come by our office to get extra fruit.
NEW! Tool Library:
Members can now check out ladders, pickers, harvest bags, pruners, jamming equipment, and more! Instead of buying more “stuff”, just borrow ours and return them to our office when you’re done! Email [email protected] for more information about this member perk!